Pages

Friday 21 May 2010

Stitching

In the last couple of days I've been experimenting with paper embroidery making different geometric shapes and I looked at Evelin Kasikov's work and I also found an artist called Rebecca Ward, she uses electric tape in her installations and makes all of these really complex shapes using them..


Anyway, I started off by trying to add a twist to one of my photographs but then kept experimenting using the thread and needle instead.. I made some really interesting shapes that I thought would make a nice pattern and so I scanned it into Phtoshop to experiment with :)

This is the outcome ^ but I think it looks much better when its printed out. I might start doing something with the pattern and adding photographs on top of it now..
I need to have it all finished by Tuesday as this is when we start hanging the show! It's gonna be a long weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment